I finally figured out this spring how to successfully launch a white fly eating brigade of ladybugs successfully into my garden. Every year I used to try to use ladybugs to kill bugs but it was never effective. Then a nice gal at my local hardware store gave me these tips and they worked! Here they are, enjoy!
- When buying ladybugs look for a container with very active bugs.
- Refrigerate them when you get home. This will slow them down and make them sleepy.
- Water your garden thoroughly at dusk.
- Wait until after dark, empty the ladybugs on the ground under the most infested plants.
- In the morning they will be eating your bad bugs like the bosses that they are.